All orders that are placed between 06/05/2013 and 07/08/2013 will be sentout on 07/09/2013
HOW TO BREW KOREAN GREEN TEA
The most important key to brew a perfect tea - Temperature, Temperature, Temperature!!!!
1. Put approximately 1g (per person) of tea leaves in your tea pot.
2. Pour hot water (35 ml/1g) into the tea cups to warm them.
3. Pour the same water back into the large tea pot to start brewing your tea. This water SHOULD NOT be boiling, but at approximately 70-80˚C. The finer the tea, the cooler the water. 50˚C for Ujeon.
4. Brew the tea for approximately 30-40 seconds depending on tea type and taste.
5. Using the teapot, pour the brewed tea into the cups little by little to give an even flavour to both.
6. The same tea leaves can be used up to three times.
A basic rule of thumb is that the more high quality teas taste better when brewed at lower temperatures. In lower quality teas higher water temperature is needed to more easily extract the components in a good balance.
DECAF GREEN TEA
If you do want to decaffeinate your green tea, this is an easy method you can do at home.
Add hot water (not boiling) to loose leaves and steep for 1 minutes
Pour out the liquid. This removes about 80% of the caffeine in the tea
Then continue brewing your tea as normal (about another 2 to 3 minutes)
Note: Doing this you cannot reuse the leaves again as after the second steeping most of the tea components have been extracted.
The caffeine from tea is released into your bloodstream at a slower rate than it is from coffee. This explains why one doesn’t get the coffee buzz from tea, but a milder stimulant effect.